SB01-Mt. Kinabalu Summit
Take up the challenge to climb one of the highest mountains in South East Asia, Mt. Kinabalu at 4095m. Catch the magnificent sunrise in the morning and experience the unique montane and submontane ecology of Kinabalu Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Watch this video
Day 1 Kota Kinabalu – Kinabalu Park
Early morning (0630hrs), depart for Kinabalu Park. The journey will take approximately 2 hours passing by villages, paddy fields along the Crocker Range. A brief stop at Nabalu Market for an opportunity to buy local handicrafts and local fruits. Upon arrival at Kinabalu Park , you will pre-check in at Kinabalu Park’s office, and transfer to Kinabalu Park. Free time at leisure. Dinner and overnight stay at Kinabalu Park. (Dormitory or equivalent). (D)
Day 2 Mount Kinabalu
After breakfast, gather at Park Office with mountain guide and start trekking up the majestic Mount Kinabalu. The trekking will take about 5-8 hours, depending on individual fitness level. Upon arriving the 11,000 ft, at the Laban Rata area, check into the assigned accommodation. Relax and enjoy the spectacular mountain landscape. Dinner at Laban Rata Restaurant and overnight at assigned Mountain Hut. (B/PL/D)
Day 3 Mt. Kinabalu Summit – Kota Kinabalu
Wake up very early at 0200hrs and have supper before commence your ascend by torchlight towards the Low’s Peak summit. The climb takes about three hours but is well rewarded with a breathtaking sunrise (weather permitting). Descend back to Laban Rata Restaurant for a well-earned breakfast, check out and trek down to Timpohon Gate. Transfer to Park Headquarters to collect your Certificate of Achievement. Hi-Tea will be served at the Restaurant in Kinabalu Park. Depart for Kota Kinabalu city area after lunch. (B/L)
- 01 night Accommodation at Kinabalu Park OR Mesilau Nature Resort (Dormitory or equivalent). (Private room/Lodge with ensuite bathroom is available on request at a surcharge and subject to availability.)
- 01 night Basic accommodation at Laban Rata’s mountain huts or similar dormitory.
- All land transport as per the itinerary (For SIC guests, the Scheduled Transfer from Kinabalu Park to Kota Kinabalu is at 1700hrs. If guests want to take the Unscheduled Transfer, there will be additional charge of RM 200 per vehicle per way).
- Meals as stated above (B: breakfast, L: lunch, PL: packed lunch D: dinner)
- Conservation Fee, Mt Guide Association’s Contribution, Climbing Permit, Insurance and Certificate
- Mountain Guide (Mountain Guide, who is registered under the jurisdiction of Sabah Parks Authority is compulsory for all mountain trekkers / climber. Majority of the mountain guide can only converse in Basic English language. Licensed English Speaking Guide is available on request at a surcharge)
- Porters (on request at surcharge)
- Personal expenditure
- Travel Insurance
- Meals not specified